Invisalign for Bite Alignment – Irving, TX
Giving Your Bite a Better Way to Realign
Overbites, underbites, crossbites, open bites – These are just a few of the many bit alignment issues orthodontists see on a daily basis. As a result, patients often complain of chronic jaw pain and excessive wear on their teeth that is causing tooth sensitivity and other dental problems. So, what can be done to address these types of issues? At Daily Smiles MacArthur Dental and Orthodontics, Dr. Hirji can use Invisalign in Irving to straighten and realign bites that not only result in a reduced risk for future problems but an enhanced appearance. Contact us today to find out how you can get started with Invisalign.
Why Should I Fix My Bite?
An improper or misaligned bite can create a lot of problems for an individual’s smile, some of which include:
- Speech difficulties
- Social anxiety
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMD)
- Excessive wear and tear on your teeth
From chronic jaw pain to feelings of inadequacy in social gatherings, your bite can wreak havoc on your oral, mental and overall wellbeing. It’s important that you seek orthodontic care sooner rather than later, as this will enable you to overcome these problems and instead, move forward with a healthier, happier smile.
How Can Invisalign Correct My Bite?
Invisalign clear braces make it possible to feel great about the way you look. Not only are they transparent in appearance, making it less likely for others to notice your braces, but they are truly effective at fixing various bite issues. Wearing custom-made aligners, you will be expected to switch out your set every few weeks to help move your bite into proper alignment.
The different types of bites that can be fixed with Invisalign include:
- Overbite: If you have upper teeth that extend out over your bottom teeth, you have what is known as an overbite.
- Underbite: When your bottom teeth extend outward while your upper teeth remain pushed back, you are looking at an underbite.
- Crossbite: If teeth begin to overlap and leave you unable to close your mouth effectively, you have a crossbite. This can cause excessive wear on your teeth, leading to increased problems with sensitivity.
- Open Bite: Do your teeth come together when you close your mouth? If not, it is likely you have an open bite, which can occur as a result of continued thumb-sucking or pacifier use as a child.
- Dental Midlines: If you want to avoid temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD), you will need to have your dental midlines realigned, which often cause problems toward the back of your mouth.
Is Invisalign Right for Me?
It is up to your cosmetic dentist in Irving to determine if you are a qualified candidate for Invisalign. While the process is not for everyone, those who are mature enough to handle the responsibility of a more flexible orthodontic solution may find it is a welcome alternative to traditional braces. If Dr. Hirji believes your particular bite problem can be remedied with Invisalign, you will need to agree to the following:
- Commit to the process and timeline for treatment
- Wear your trays at least 20-22 hours each day
- Keep your aligners in a protective case when eating and drinking
- Agree to wear your retainer after completing treatment with Invisalign