Spaces Between Teeth – Irving, TX
Improving Smiles by Eliminating the Gap
At Daily Smile MacArthur, we know how upsetting an imperfect smile can be, especially if it’s plagued with multiple gaps between teeth. Making it easier for bacteria and food to become trapped, your dental problems can begin to pile up if you choose to avoid appropriate treatment. Tooth decay, gum disease, cavities, and more can become a reality, but it doesn’t have to! With Invisalign in Irving, Dr. Hirji can repair your smile by reducing the spaces between your teeth and giving you a healthier, more beautiful appearance. If you’re ready to learn more about Invisalign and its possibilities, contact us today.
Why Are My Teeth Gapped?
A few of the reasons you might have gapped teeth are due to:
- Gum disease
- Large frenulum
- Smaller or missing teeth
- Non-nutritive habits as a child (thumb sucking or overuse of a pacifier)
- Tongue thrust
Dr. Hirji will evaluate your situation and determine if you are eligible for Invisalign. Oftentimes, if the gaps are too large, traditional braces may be the only way to achieve desired results.
Am I a Candidate for Invisalign?
As long as you are willing to adhere to the following and possess no further oral or overall health problems, you may find that you are a qualified candidate for Invisalign:
- You agree to wear your trays for 20-22 hours each day
- You will swap out your trays every 1-2 weeks, depending on the recommendation of your cosmetic dentist in Irving
- You will maintain regularly scheduled appointments that allow Dr. Hirji to review your progress
- You want faster results than those achieved with traditional metal braces
How Does Invisalign Work?
Wearing Invisalign is quite easy and will not hinder or compromise your appearance or your day-to-day activities. In fact, choosing to receive treatment with Invisalign will offer you greater flexibility while remaining discreet about your treatment.
Once you and Dr. Hirji have discussed your initial goals, he will take digital impressions of your smile, sending the images to a dental lab where technicians will build your custom-made aligners. After they are ready (about 2 weeks), you will return to our office to pick up your trays and receive instructions regarding how long to wear them and when to switch them out. It will be imperative that you stick to these instructions. Otherwise, it could cause a delay in treatment. Your aligners should only be removed when eating, drinking, or cleaning them.
After wearing your trays for 1-2 weeks, you will swap them out for the next set in the series. At this time, you will notice your teeth begin to shift, putting you one step closer to a more aligned smile that is free of spaces and gaps.
Once you are finished with Invisalign treatment, you will need to wear a retainer to keep your teeth from shifting back to their original position.
Benefits of Invisalign
You will find that Invisalign offers many benefits that other alternatives do not, such as:
- Improved appearance and boost in confidence
- Does not compromise your daily appearance during treatment
- Offers a more subtle and discreet method of treatment
- Easy to clean and maintain
- No food restrictions since you must take out your trays to eat or drink
- Faster results than with metal braces